17. PTC Cancer Life Phases: Treatment
Ok, you understand the higher risk for cancer that an organ transplant recipinet has, you know what to LOOK for by way of symptoms and testing especially for the type of organ transplant you received, so once DIAGNOSED, what TREATMENT options by cancer type are available?
After a cancer diagnosis — whether it's your own or that of a loved one — the right information can be one of your most powerful weapons. Here's what you need to know about cancer treatment and management.
Note: the following vieos are temporary place holders until we have videos that specifically address the topic of TREATMENT.
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Oral, Head, and Neck Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
Cancer BasicsCancer is often feared and misunderstood, and there are many misconceptions about this disease. But education is the best defense, so don't believe the common cancer myths. Although signs vary among the different types of cancer, cancer symptoms can include pain, fatigue, and unexplained weight loss. Depending on your cancer stage, you and your treatment team will come up with a cancer treatment plan that's right for you. You may also be interested in enrolling in a cancer clinical trial, which can offer access to newer and more experimental therapies.
- What Is Cancer?
- Know the Most Common Types of Cancer
- Can You Really Prevent Cancer?
- A Cancer Glossary
- 8 Common Cancer Myths
- 7 Side Effects of Cancer Treatment and How to Cope With Them
- Eating Well During and After Your Cancer Treatment
- Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
- Spotting Common Cancer Symptoms
- Understanding Cancer Stages
- Your Cancer Treatment Team
- Cancer Treatment: Know Your Options
- Deciding on a Cancer Treatment Plan
- Biological Therapy for Cancer Treatment
- Chemotherapy: A Cancer Treatment Standard
- Chemotherapy 101
- Chemotherapy and Your Immune System
- When Surgery Is the Best Cancer Treatment
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer Treatment
- Is a Cancer Clinical Trial Right for You?
- Alternative Medicine for Cancer Treatment
- Cancer Research: Where the Funding Goes
- A Cancer Cure: Is It in Sight?